St. Paul has been serving the youth of Northwest Indiana for over a century; it is a well established Lutheran focused school. In 1876, the congregation of St. Paul first established the christian day school by having classrooms in the basement of the church. The first school building was built in 1892 and later, in 1957, the current building was built. This building, which was completely renovated and enlarged in 1993, now houses an exciting parochial educational program for students starting kindergarten through eighth grade.

The members of the congregation continue to accept the mission of providing a quality Christian education for the boys and girls of our community who choose to attend. They support the school with their gifts and prayers, at the present time, no student pays his/her own way; the people of the St. Paul Congregation subsidize all to some extent.

The school is operated by a School Board Committee consisting of elected and appointed members most from St. Paul. The senior pastor of the church serves as superintendent. The church council appoints a principal to oversee the daily operations of the school. The school staff are qualified professional educators.

The school also has an active PTL (Parent Teacher League) made up of volunteer parents, teacher representatives and the school principal. The PTL group plans several events throughout the year, the largest is the Family Fun Fair held in the spring of each school year. Monthly meetings are held to plan events, determine the expenditures of fundraising profits and to help plan enhancements for the students of St. Paul Lutheran.

All parents of St. Paul Lutheran School are invited to attend monthly meetings for PTL, School Board and Church Council. Watch for announcements for meeting times.

Register your future Crusader today!